Our New Favorite Snack

We have had a new discovery at our house:  homemade crackers.  I know that most things taste better when they are homemade, but I've always thought that somethings are just better out of a box.  For example:  brownies.  I don't know how many different brownie recipes I've tried to make, but I still like the ones from a box.  (Don't worry, I'll keep trying.  I'm sure there is a way to make fabulous homemade brownies; I just haven't found it yet.)  All of that to say, I didn't think homemade crackers could be very good.  But I was pleasantly surprised, and even all four of the kids like them.  Which rarely happens with a new food.

They may be a little complicated if you don't already have a sourdough starter that you use regularly.  But if you do have a starter, you have to throw half of it away every time you feed it, or else find someway to use it.  And making crackers is a great way to use that discarded starter.

I first tried these crackers at the home of another American friend here in France.  Here is the original recipe:  Homemade Sourdough Crackers

Enjoy!

Comments

Favorites