Merry Christmas!

We walked down this street almost every day when we lived in France, and whenever it snowed, I felt like we were in Narnia.  I love this picture, and I wanted to make it into a Christmas card to send out this year, but since Christmas is tomorrow, I've decided to go with a digital version.  (Moving from one continent to another in December can really throw a kink in your Christmas plans!)

                                              *               *                *                *

“It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
"But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
"Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
"I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

                                         ―
C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

                                             *               *                *                * 

Life is full of changes.  We may wake up one morning to discover that we have grown too old to return to Narnia, and those bittersweet changes can be difficult to accept.  But He is there.  Whatever doors you may walk through this year, whatever changes you face, whatever worlds you leave behind, may you know the presence of the Heavenly Father...that by knowing Him here for a little, you may know Him better there.

Merry Christmas. 



 



Comments

Favorites