A Time to Talk

 

The work will always be there. Even if today's list of tasks should be completed , tomorrow will sneak in with a new list just begging for my attention.  But the opportunities to talk, to encourage, to listen, to bless others may quietly slip by unnoticed.   May I be the neighbor, the friend, the daughter, the sister, the mother, the wife...who has time to talk.  




 A Time to Talk
 by Robert Frost
When a friend calls to me from the road
And slows his horse to a meaning walk,
I don't stand still and look around
On all the hills I haven't hoed,
And shout from where I am, What is it? 
No, not as there is a time to talk. 
I thrust my hoe in the mellow ground, 
Blade-end up and five feet tall,
And plod: I go up to the stone wall 
For a friendly visit.


 

 


Comments

Favorites